Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The night we got engaged!


We got engaged Christmas Eve 2008! That night we went out to dinner with Andrew's family for dinner at Olive Garden down town. After dinner we went ice skating at the Gallivan Center. Andrew told me like a week before that we were going ice skating Christmas Eve and they do it every year. I told him I'm not very good at it so he will have to help me. Then he tell me that he use to have is own ice skates and he is a pro at it! I thought to myself I'm going to make a foul out of myself! Yay me! I didn't do as bad as I thought I was going to! Andrew was there to help me anyway!

We skated for like an hour then after wards we walk around the Gallivan Center. We found a bench to sit on at look at the Christmas lights. We cuddle for a little bit then Andrew look at me and said "So I got you something early for Christmas." I smile and ask what it was, he pulled out a green little box and opened it and there was my engagment ring. I actually went to grab it to put it on before I said yes and he pull it away a little then I said yes and kiss him! As he was sliding the ring on my finger he was tell me how the diamond was is grandfathers and its an investment diamond. I was so happy and still am! It means a lot that him and his family wanted the diamond to stay in the family and they wanted me to wear it for ever.

We went to my parents house to tell them and show them! My family knew the day before he was going to ask me to marry him. Andrew went to my parents house to ask them for there blessing for my hand in married which showed my parents a lot of respect that he would ask him. They were all so excited for me. We sent a date like three days later for Augest 14th 2009 which is my brother Todd birthday. I couldnt wait for that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment